The responsibility of the Trauma Specialist is to market and promote Globus Medical assigned products within the guidelines of the company. The Trauma Specialist will represent the company in accordance with the company’s quality policy and procedures.
The sales goals and objectives assigned will be met and exceeded by having a full knowledge of Globus products, offerings, and surgical techniques, understanding the customer needs and professionally positioning Globus Medical products above the competition to fulfill those needs.
- Meet or exceed all sales goals and objectives assigned in assigned territory.
- Gain and consistently increase product knowledge through formal sales training; surgeon speaker programs, attending surgeries/OR visits, and industry research
- Maintain conduct that is aligned with company quality policy, and protects confidentiality with proprietary information.
- Communicate new ideas, etc promptly to product development
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed.
- Develop thorough knowledge and understanding of all Globus Medical products and major competitors in all product areas.
- Regularly provide feedback on topics such as product development opportunities, new target accounts, sales performance, and market feedback.
- Develop relationships with key trauma surgeon customers.
- Maintain Consignments and Loaner inventory, moving loaner sets between accounts as needed.
- Create and implement an annual business plan with quarterly updates.
- Stays current with all compliance training requirements.
- Manage travel expenses within budget.
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years medical device sales or surgical related products experience.
- Exemplary ability to listen, communicate and influence.
- Ability to travel as necessary, which may include nights and/or weekends.
- Manual dexterity is essential
- Strong computer skills – MS Office
- Ability to make sales presentations with positive results.
- Strong understanding of skeletal/orthopedic anatomy.
- Operating room experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.