At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Associate Research Engineer will be responsible for planning, coordination, successful execution, and publication of various research projects for spine surgeons, residents, product development, and FDA. While the majority of the job description may be related to biomechanical testing, the individual must be open to learning techniques related to histology, cell culture, imaging.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing protocols with surgeons, PD personnel, and researchers
- Planning and executing all mechanical, biomechanical, and basic research testing including designing fixtures, running the experiments, data analysis, report writing, submitting abstracts, preparing manuscripts, and documentation
- Leading coordination of research project activities involving surgeons, PD personnel, and researchers including project kick-off meetings, follow-up, preparing specimens, and cadaver lab set-up
- Working with PD, Sales & Marketing, and surgeons to identify biomechanical and basic science research projects
- Assisting in the planning, creation, and maintenance of a state-of-the art research laboratory with all necessary equipment
- Coordinating with PD Project Manager to select surgeons for research and publications
- Creating reports on the status of various projects
- Ensuring publication submissions deadlines are met and a steady stream of peer reviewed publications and podium presentations are generated from research
- Aiding in multi-disciplinary research endeavors including but not limited to histology, radiography, microscopy
- Assisting in product development and mechanical testing activities as required
- Assisting product development in design reviews and cadaver labs
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a research environment in biomechanical and musculoskeletal areas, preferably with medical devices
- Bachelors (or preferably Master’s Degree) in the Sciences / Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% of the time
- Writing Sample will be Required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.