Purchasing Planning Supervisor
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Purchasing and Planning Supervisor will be responsible for managing a procurement team to support the development, manufacturing, and distribution of Globus’ Total Joints division. The Supervisor will be responsible for leading the team to deliver achievable plans and procurement goals to meet production schedules and customer needs/requirements.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acting as the focal point for forecasts, placements, customer service levels, distribution plans, and new product development projects related to total joints production, manufacturing, and distribution
- Building attainable demand plans in coordination with the current and future business needs as well as supplier capabilities
- Integrating New Product Introductions, New Territories, and Market Introductions into Plans
- Driving Customer Demand Fulfillment by ensuring material availability in the Supply Chain
- Managing production process from order entry to shipment of product to meet customer requirements
- Utilizing MRP requirements to generate purchase orders to ensure products are produced and delivered to customs on time
- Identifying supply risks & issues and driving mitigation actions and escalations if needed
- Performing inventory analysis and policy definition to secure material availability against minimum inventory investments
- Analyzing market trends and conditions to anticipate price changes and avoid supply interruptions
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management operations or data management
- Minimum of 4 years of supply chain management experience; preferably in a medical device or healthcare manufacturing environment
- Strong MRP/ERP experience; AX experience a plus
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills with the ability to formulate conclusion through reporting
- Ability to lead a team while working in a collaborative environment; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Able to handle multiple projects with varying deadlines and also an ability to adapt quickly to changing demands/needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite- Strong in Excel and other analytic reporting tools
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.