At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis in partnering with business leaders throughout the Company to provide financial insights that will help drive business objectives and keep management informed regarding changes impacting financial results. This position will also be responsible for analyzing P&L expense detail, BS positions, and identifying cost savings opportunities, as well as tracking existing cost savings initiatives and developing the OneStream XF platform for budgeting and forecasting. As Globus continues to grow, there will be new opportunities within the FP&A team for the Analyst to advance their career.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting the operations department through analysis of detailed freight spend on a monthly basis:
- Tracking freight spend by carrier on a monthly basis
- Developing a dashboard for operations management to report trended monthly data/activity
- Identifying unfavorable trends and appropriately communicating findings to operations management for resolution
- Assisting in maintaining carrier relationships, including supporting rate negotiations and with data driven insights
- Supporting the sales organization through development and maintenance of T&E expense budgets/limits for divisional sales leadership:
- Tracking spend against the budgets/limits
- Identifying risks and opportunities that affect the achievement of the budgets/limits
- Tracking assumptions built into the budget/limits
- Reporting budget/limit to actual results on a monthly basis
- Collaborating with Globus Medical’s corporate accounting, costing, and finance groups to compile and analyze financial information and assist in effectively communicating results to senior management
- Analyzing other significant P&L spend and BS trends, including, but not limited to, headcount (compensation), R&D project expense, reserves, and accruals, as well as provide budget, forecast, and actual variance commentary for these items
- Assisting in preparation of monthly senior management and quarterly Board of Director presentation decks for both actual and forecast results
- Challenging business assumptions, develop alternative scenarios and assist in educating business partners on findings
- Assisting with efforts to increase efficiencies and automation, particularly in building out and maintaining our budget and forecast module and creating and maintaining dashboards and other analyses within OneStream XF platform
- Assisting in driving operational improvements and support high visibility projects as needed
- Proactively challenging the status quo and investigate issues independently and as a team
- Performing all tasks with an emphasis on developing automation and efficiency
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Mathematics
- 0-2 years of finance experience with strong data analysis skills necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities detailed above
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and basic understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel skills and strong presentation skills - an Excel proficiency test will be administered as part of the interview process
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines, work well under pressure and provide timely results
- A collaborative style and be able to work effectively across functional groups
- Ability to work independently and effectively interface with various levels of management is required.
- Working knowledge of OneStream XF Platform, a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.