Manager of Distribution Services and Inventory Management
Bone Bank Allografts is the distributor of the SteriGraft® line of high-quality bone and soft tissue allografts to medical professionals. BBA became a part of Globus Medical in 2014 and has continued to help doctors and their patients with over 1 million successful transplantations. Join us!
The Manager of Distribution Services and Inventory Management primary role is to coordinate and oversee all logistical aspects associated with the receipt and release of the HCT/P’s for distribution to BBA customers for the purpose of transplantation.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing the quality, quantity, and efficiency of the movement and storage of finishes HCT/P’s
- Coordinating the receipt, reconciliation, staging, release and sales order shipping cycle of processed HCT/P’s to maximize throughput
- Managing the supply chain and coordinate customer product releases to ensure timely delivery
- Managing priority lists for incoming products from manufacturing to ensure timely delivery of products for sales and purchase orders and prevent back orders
- Ensuring timely processing of returned products
- Managing operational performance and plan process improvements
- Monitoring the flow of good and understand the complex systems of inventories, delivery times, cost and personnel management
- Managing cycle count and inventory activities
- Allocating and Managing staff resources according to changing needs
- Researching and implementing new supply strategies and assist with managing supply cost
- Establishing operational procedures for verification of incoming supplies, outgoing and incoming shipments, and handling and disposition of product inventory
- Ensuring that HCT/P’s are stored in proper temperature-controlled environments and equipment logs are complete and accurate
- Scheduling maintenance, repairs, or replacement for inventory storage freezers or operational equipment
- Planning and managing the movement of freight and coordinate with suppliers and distributors to ensure smooth transitions
- Participating on the senior management team which provides the strategic direction for the company
- Overseeing Departmental activities to ensure compliance with applicable Federal Regulatory, state and AATB standards
- Overseeing departmental staff, hiring, counseling and BBA training programs
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associate’s Degree in the medical field or High School Diploma plus prior tissue serving experience
- Minimum 5 years prior tissue bank experience in all disciplines of tissue banking not limited but to include donor screening, recovery, processing and distribution
- Minimum of 2 years prior management experience
- Extensive knowledge inventory, distribution and operational procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Strong MS Word and MS Excel skills preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Well organized; high level of attention to detail
- Analytical skills and a mathematical aptitude
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.