Director, Advanced Engineering Manufacturing
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Director, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering will lead global manufacturing strategies for new process and technology. This role will work with key stakeholders to benchmark and identify potential manufacturers/vendor partners, ideally locating a turnkey solution when necessary. The Director will drive best in class performance, process and cost optimization.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing project execution from inception to completion, with a focus on manufacturing, equipment optimization and technology enhancements
- Supporting new initiatives including, but not be limited to: new equipment and technology, human capital requirements, floor space and facility layouts, other key projects as needed
- Acting as the liaison between key departments per project requirements: QA/regulatory, product development and manufacturing. Effectively utilizing team leadership and facilitation skills to drive business outcomes
- Preparing cost/benefit analysis for proposed initiatives to drive business decisions; Managing capital budget related to technology upgrades and new implementations
- Developing necessary reports and KPIs to support quality improvement and new technology decisions
- Collaborating with engineering and product development on key business goals and strategy; Ensuring necessary support is obtained from other functions in order to meet the project objectives and/or milestones
- Focusing on reduction of cost and speed to market, standardization of best practices; Assisting in future acquisition due diligence and business integration needs
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of seven (7-10) years direct experience in Project Management within a manufacturing environment; Experience in a highly regulated industry strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required with a focus in mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering
- Previous experience evaluating and implementing capital equipment within a cross-functional team environment
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing best practices, machine utilization, capacity management and equipment standards
- Leadership and influence to drive organizational strategy around new technology and special projects
- Hands-on and solution driven. Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills. Creative ability to “think-outside-the-box”
- Software application knowledge and proficiency in MS Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.