Product Inspector - 2nd Shift
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Inspector is responsible for visually inspecting and assembling small machined components. The use of various tooling is required to remove loose or fixed burrs, cleaning of sharp edges, and polishing and blending machined surfaces of the medical device(s).
Hours: 3:30 PM - 12:00 AM
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Visually inspecting machine components using stereo-microscope
- Measuring and inspecting all medical device products in accordance with manufacturing specifications
- Assembling lower level components into upper level finished assemblies
- Utilizing hand held deburring knives and pneumatic tools equipped with burr tools to remove heavy burrs
- Visually inspecting by utilizing illumination devices & microscope to view internal areas of company products to ensure adequate deburring
- Presenting problems/issues to attention of the Visual Inspection Supervisor
- Accurately completing all quality control documentation and inspection sheets
- Following all verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of assembly and inspection tasks
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read part drawings; above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Organized, Team player with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.