At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Training Manager of Imaging, Navigation & Robotics will be responsible for the training of Globus sales representatives, in-house personnel, and surgeons. The three main areas of focus will be on clinical knowledge (anatomy, pathology, treatment options, etc), product knowledge (system specifications, surgical techniques, competitive systems) and selling skills. This will be accomplished through formal training classes, field training programs and field visits. Central to these activities is the ongoing development of a training curriculum and associated materials. The ultimate goal of these training efforts is to develop a world-class clinical/sales force that are assets to their surgeon customers because of their clinical and technical knowledge.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing and continually enhancing a training curriculum that includes sales training programs based on experience/knowledge levels (Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced)
- Demonstrating an in-depth technical knowledge of Imaging, Navigation, Robotics products as well as applicable procedures, anatomy, and implant products
- Coordinating and leading training classes with duration of 1 to 20 days long – this includes incorporation of speakers (Surgeons, Sales Managers, Product Development Staff, INR Product Managers, Marketing/Branding Manager) and the facilitation of the discussions involving those speakers
- Creating training materials that enhance the learning process; These include study guides, home study materials, assessments, frequently asked questions (FAQs), probing questions, tips & pearls, competitive overviews, etc.
- Assisting sales management in developing a consultative selling method and the means to effectively teach it to sales representatives
- Developing and managing an extended learning program that allows for continued learning of clinical/sales representatives – this includes journal article reviews, surgeon speaker programs and web-casts
- Assisting Globus sales management in the creation and execution of a development program for Surgeon & Staff learning specific to the INR family of products
- Supporting Surgeon/Staff training events specific to the ExcelsiusGPS Robotic platform.
- Working with E-Learning and INR Product Managers to create a competent online training curriculum specific to the INR family of products
- Working in conjunction with the Senior Clinical Manager to support in-house Surgeon/Staff trainings as well as Clinical Specialist Rep trainings
- Working in conjunction with the Director of INR Integration & Senior Clinical Manager for all RSM trainings
- Managing Expenses within Budget
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- BA or BS in a life science, education or business discipline.
- Five plus years of successful training/selling skills and 2 years of OR experience; Medical Device experience preferred
- Exemplary communication, listening, and facilitation skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- History of exceeding and not just meeting expectations
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills
- Ability to collaborate and Influence
- Ability to travel 20%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.