New Product Planner
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The New Product Planner will oversee New Product Launches to ensure tight alignment between Commercial, Financial, and Operational planning & execution. This position will be highly visible among our Product Development, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Logistics, and Information Technology division. The New Product Planner must have aptitudes for process and project management and enjoy positively influencing organizational performance.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Project Management
- Maintaining timelines for each project, document all changes, issues, reworks, scraps and other notable events that happen from the start of the project through launch
- Sending monthly (or more frequently) chronological timelines; ensuring all relevant parties included in all communication
- Tracking development tasks to ensure all steps are followed
- Demand Planning
- Working with Product Development/Marketing to develop Market Introduction Plans (MIP’s), work with supply chain planning group to assess competing priorities and participate in Pre-MIP and MIP approval process
- Pre-Market Introduction Planning (MIP)
- Setting up and facilitating Make vs. Buy meetings between Product Development, Supply Chain, Branch, and Executive Management
- Working with Product Development and the Purchasing Team to get quotes for all parts prior to the MIP; Facilitating DFM (Design for Manufacturing) with the selected vendors to confirm capability and any necessary design changes prior to the DCO’s are processed
- Working with Product Manager to ensure the pricing in the MIP is based off real quotes from the vendors that will be receiving the orders
- Ensuring the design is frozen, inspection sheets, gauging, set lists, forecast, DCO’s are all completed including drawings/models matching prior to final MIP
- Assessing competing priorities and participate in Pre-MIP and MIP approval process
- Post-Market Introduction Planning
- Working with the Purchasing team to ensure that all orders are placed and expedited after MIP approval
- Ensuring additional approval is received, if costs exceed 10% by line, versus what was approved during the MIP
- Ensuring Product Development completes “Product Rejection Form” when parts are scrapped.
- Regularly following-up with Purchasing Agents for updates from vendors regarding commitment/delivery dates
- Translating approved MIP’s into the Supply Chain forecast within an ERP (Create plan, enter sets and sales forecast)
- Post-Launch – Monitoring forecast versus sales on a monthly basis for 6 months after launch via the Order Planning meetings
- Supply Planning
- Participating in Quarterly Set Prioritization processes to ensure priority Set Demands are reflected in the Supply Chain priorities that are sent to all Suppliers
- Working with Purchasing and Vendors to construct accurate supply plans and timing
- Developing Launch timelines with PD based on Supply commitments, and communicate to appropriate teams the latest information
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Experience launching new products in an Orthopedics business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Mgmt., Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Certified in Project Management Preferred
- Strong communication, listening, and facilitation skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.