Instrument Repair Technician
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Instrument Repair Technician will be responsible for a wide variety of rework and repair operations on manual surgical instruments and graphic cases with a focus on both sound mechanical function as well as the finished appearance of all repaired instruments. This includes disassembling instruments, repairing, reworking, or replacing parts as needed and reassembling instruments to tight quality control standards. The Instrument Repair Technician will have established skills in metal grinding, sharpening, buffing, finishing and polishing, TIG welding, and strong mechanical troubleshooting ability. Instrument Repair Technician will also be responsible for maintenance of the machines and equipment in the Repair Shop including calibration, regularly scheduled maintenance, and routine servicing. Additionally, this individual is responsible for maintaining a clean working environment in the repair shop.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Repairing and restoring manual surgical instruments to “like new” condition
- Identifying frequently repaired items and suggesting corrective actions to supervisor
- Managing flow of work in Repair Shop in organized fashion
- Safely and accurately operating Repair Shop equipment including Welder, Laser Etch, drill press, pedestal and belt grinders and power tools
- Ensuring that all machines and measurement equipment are calibrated regularly as needed and in compliance with Globus’ quality system
- Performing routine maintenance and servicing of machines to ensure smooth, trouble-free operation
- Maintaining clean work environment by regular cleaning and upkeep
- Ensuring that Repair Shop is run consistent with in-house quality system
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a technical repair, precision repair, or mechanical shop environment with concentration on building or repair of stainless-steel tools or hand tools
- Ability to proficiently use TIG welder, power hand tools, pedestal grinders, belt finishing equipment, and hand tools to size, cut, weld and finish metal
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in knife or small tool making would be an excellent background for this position
- Strong self-starter who can work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work in fast paced environment; Multi-tasking abilities required for successful job completion
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Windows software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.