Manufacturing Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Bone Bank Allografts is the distributor of the SteriGraft® line of high-quality bone and soft tissue allografts to medical professionals. BBA became a part of Globus Medical in 2014 and has continued to help doctors and their patients with over 1 million successful transplantations. Join us!
The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for scheduling and monitoring of customer sales orders and work orders through manufacturing. Organize production according to demand and quality standards to ensure finished goods are produced on time for distribution. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
Hours: 3:00PM - 11:30PM, Monday through Friday
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating production workflow for multiple products lines
- Utilizing MRP/Pick Dates to allow processing time through manufacturing, QC, and Distribution
- Planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Determining manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Assigning workers and other staff to particular production operations and schedule shift according to production needs
- Supervising and providing coaching to all staff members
- Monitoring performance to schedule and initiate corrective actions as necessary
- Obtaining output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Supporting quality control objectives, activities, and procedures within all scheduling activities
- Interfacing and elevating key issues to Management
- Maintaining and managing employee timesheets and conduct corrective disciplinary actions accordingly when needed
- Performing year end reviews with production staff members
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum High School Diploma; some college, AA degree, Technical or AATB certification required.
- Minimum of 3-4 years supervisory experience in healthcare, medical, or manufacturing required
- Three years’ experience in manufacturing and production planning
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Experience in MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Must be able to work under pressure and be flexible
- Must understand manufacturing processes
- Proficient in MS Office and SpinIT
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.