Shipping and Receiving Clerk
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for checking order accuracy, generating shipping labels, packing shipments, processing paperwork, product quality inspection, part packaging & labelling, documentation verification, and various transaction processing. This position requires a detail-oriented candidate with the ability to multi-task while communicating and following up with the team. Occasionally, the Shipping Clerk is tasked with handling highly confidential information in a discreet and professional manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Shipping, crafting, packing of all orders with 100% accuracy
- Arranging transportation of products with Freight Carriers including reverse logistics
- Checking inventory and ordering shipping material to ensure sufficient quantities are available
- Communicating all product concerns to Customer Service and immediate Manager
- Packaging and labelling of products/supplies; unloading trucks, unpacking inventory and stocking shelves
- Following all standard operating procedures
- Verifying part, quantity, and documentation are accurate on all orders
- Performing data entry functions to record material process completion and filing paperwork at the end of each business day
- Verifying documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Tracking invoices, manifests and issues with delivery or transportation
- Working closely with Product Development, Sales, Accounting, and other Operations departments
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma and a minimum of two years shipping and receiving experience
- Excellent work ethic, enthusiastic, and dependable for various work assignments
- Able to use a pallet jack; Fork Truck license is a plus
- Proficient in Windows & Microsoft Office suites
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven time management skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.