At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the successful oversight and management of the payroll function, including: compiling and recording employee time and payroll data, computing employees’ time worked, production, and commissions. This is a highly visible, cross functional leadership position. The Payroll Manager will oversee US payroll including Puerto Rico.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responding to and managing all inquiries relating to payroll and payroll systems while acting as the main point-of-contact
- Providing customer and stakeholder support for issues that arise; Developing a plan and quick solutions to mitigate future issues
- Recommending, developing, and implementing changes to processes, procedures and workflows leading to greater efficiency and accuracy
- Processing paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system
- Compiling employee time and payroll data from time sheets and other records, such as garnishments, vacation time, and insurance and 401(k) deductions
- Computing wages and deductions, and enter data into payroll system
- Polling electronic time clocks (E-time software) and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy
- Processing semi-monthly transfer of data to payroll vendor
- Reviewing time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies
- Verifying attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records
- Recording employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records
- Assisting in tracking of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Issuing and recording adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases
- Providing information to employees and managers on payroll matters or tax issues
- Compiling statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments
- Remaining informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process
- Preparing and balancing period-end reports, and reconcile issued payrolls to commissions paid.
- Completing, verifying, and processing forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as disability, 401(k) plan, and unemployment
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years in payroll, with proven cross-functional leadership experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, with little supervision
- Must be a customer-focused, results-driven leader with an emphasis on quality, detail and accuracy
- Proficient knowledge of business systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills – positive attitude and customer focused
- The candidate must handle highly confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.