At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Production Technician is responsible for assembling electro-mechanical medical devices in compliance with applicable FDA, state, OSHA, and ISO regulations and standards. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, flexibility and maturity.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assembling electro-mechanical subassemblies and finished level products per applicable documentation
- Testing products or subassemblies for functionality or quality
- Generating assembly records for system Device History Records (DHR)
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment, devices, or products
- Maintaining a neat and organized work area (5S methodology)
- Performing test protocols for product qualifications
- Setting up and operating production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- Separating scrap or waste materials for recycling, reuse, or environmentally sound disposal
- Assisting in material cycle counting activities
- Supporting engineering development activities
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent with at least 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use a variety of tools and equipment (torque wrenches, hand tools, power supplies, meters, fixtures tooling)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Familiarity with GMP environment; reading & checking Bills of Materials, schematics, and machine/assembly drawings
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high degree of organizational and technical competence
- Ability to function well under pressure and expend effort to meet schedules and deadlines
- Experience working for a medical device manufacturer preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.