Central Sterile Supply Technician - 2nd Shift
Bone Bank Allografts (BBA), part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, was founded in response to a growing need for allograft tissue that has led to more than 1,000,000 successful transplantations around the world.
Providing a wide range of surgical allograft options from traditional bone and soft tissues to specialty custom products for transplant – we aim to serve the medical community through continual excellence and innovation in tissue processing and distribution. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The CSS Technician will provide support for the manufacturing processing facility, which includes facility cleanliness, reprocessing of sterile reusable and disposable instruments and equipment, processing environment set-up and break-down and assisting the processing personnel throughout their assigned shift. CSS Technicians are responsible for maintaining facility cleaning schedules, sterilization logs, and other process documentation.
Hours: 3:00PM - 11:30PM, Monday through Friday
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring case carts and center core supply areas are restocked as necessary to maintain scheduled workflow
- Performing processing /packaging room set-up responsibilities and ensure rooms ready for use prior to processing personnel arrival for each case
- Performing processing/packaging room break-down following completion of each processing case as instructed and scheduled
- Performing facility cleaning as needed and as scheduled to ensure compliance with SOP’s, and Facility Cleaning Schedule. Cleaning of visibly contaminated or soiled areas shall be accomplished immediately
- Decontaminating and cleaning used equipment and supplies requiring re-sterilization/reprocessing between uses
- Containing and properly disposing of contaminated waste generated from processing facility; Maintain facility waste receptacles including laundry, regular waste, hazardous waste and hazardous sharps, in accordance with THB SOPs and industry requirements
- Preparing instruments, supplies, and equipment for and perform sterilization runs using both Ethylene Oxide and Steam systems
- Ensuring all systems are run according to manufacturer instructions, Safety requirements and guidelines, and SOPs
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of related work experience in manufacturing; experience working in an aseptic/sterile environment and/or Tissue Processing or operating room preferred
- Experience with the use of precision measuring equipment such as calipers and micrometers and operation of electrical and pneumatic cutting, drilling, and routing equipment
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to understand and communicate (speak, read & write) in English
- Demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong attention for detail; Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Data entry skills; must have basic knowledge of MS Excel & Outlook
- Critical thinking; problem solving abilities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.