At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Sales Trainer is responsible for the training of Globus sales representatives and in-house personnel. The three main areas of focus will be on selling skills, product knowledge (system specifications, surgical techniques, competitive systems), and clinical knowledge (anatomy, pathology, imaging, treatment options, etc). Training content is delivered through LIVE in-house courses and virtual courses. In addition, implementing field training programs and field visits. Central to these activities is the ongoing development of a training curriculum and associated materials. The ultimate goal of these training efforts is to develop a world-class sales force that are assets to their surgeon customers because of their clinical knowledge, understanding of a surgeon needs, and their effective selling approach.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing and continually enhancing a training curriculum that includes sales training programs based on experience/knowledge levels (Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced)
- Coordinating and lead training classes, including incorporation of speakers (Sales Managers, Product Development Staff and Surgeons) and the facilitation of the discussions involving those speakers
- Creating training materials that enhance the learning process, including study guides, home study materials, assessments, frequently asked questions (FAQs), probing questions, competitive overviews, etc.
- Assisting of sales management, delivering a sales model, effectively teaching it to sales representatives, and testing for competence
- Developing and managing an extended learning program that allows for continued learning of sales representatives
- Assisting Globus sales management in the creation and execution of a development program for each Globus direct sales representative
- Partnering with product development on the creation of training modules for specific products and product launches; Activities will include both sales representatives and Surgeon training in a cadaver lab environment
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Three plus years of medical device experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science, Education or Business-related discipline
- Previous training experience is a plus
- Exemplary communication, listening, and facilitation skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.