At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Welder will be responsible for fabrication projects to support the Product Development and Customs teams. This will include bringing a product from idea/concept through the designs and/or modifications to finished product.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tig / Heliarc precision welding of surgical instruments and implants
- Utilizing Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum metals
- Working on projects for Product Development and Customs shops
- Partnering with Engineers for designs and modifications
- Utilizing manual laser welding
- Handling light fabrication work
- Performing low-volume welding
- Finishing (polish and blend) final products
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 3+ years of experience in Tig Welding
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience working with a variety of metals (Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.