Machine Maintenance Technician
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for directing and participating in all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of production equipment, building systems, and process infrastructure in the plant. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for assisting with the maintenance of the facility. This position works in collaboration with the Operations Manager to make sure that the plant is safe and operating at peak condition.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating and performing all maintenance area equipment drawing updates, changes, and revisions; Working with vendors to assure complete updated drawing management
- Acting as the primary contact for all personnel for any building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs)
- Monitoring contractor performance and working closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications
- Soliciting bids and quotes from vendors
- Running wire, unhooking and hooking up power to machinery as needed; Performing terminations at the electrical panels and at the machines
- Performing minor plumbing repairs
- Communicating with production personnel to solve problems
- Preparing and responding to any and all audits for the Maintenance Area
- Executing all assigned maintenance area capital projects
- Diagnosing, repairing and testing malfunctioning equipment and machinery; Replacing faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment
- Performing preventive maintenance program and repair experience with flexible CNC machines, mill turn centers, metal cutting technology, modern machine tools, surface finishing machines/Air Compressor/HVAC units.
- Providing daily emergency and preventative maintenance on any machine or system in the facility and assistance to production and manufacturing with process and machinery improvements
- Performing routine inspections to ensure safe and dependable operation of all manufacturing and electrical equipment
- Performing lockout / tag out procedures for safety
- Complying with all safety norms and regulations
- Maintaining records of inventories and places orders for spare parts and equipment
- Tracking log repair and maintenance work
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 4+ years of maintenance experience in manufacturing or heavy industrial equipment environment; Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Hands on experience with CNC machines, mill turn centers, metal cutting technology, modern machine tools, surface finishing machines
- Must be familiar working with Fanuc and Mitsubishi Control operated machinery
- Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing expertise
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.