Sr. Financial Analyst
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The ideal Sr. Financial Analyst will be a hard-working and motivated individual with a strong analytical and problem-solving background to complement our growing FP&A team. The primary focus of the Sr. Financial Analyst is to partner with business leaders across the organization to analyze business performance and provide actionable insights to help drive organizational strategy. This role is expected to be a strategic partner that supports decision-making at the executive management, business unit management, and cost center management level. This position will support the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis in all aspects of the monthly forecasting, cost center spending reviews, and the annual Business Plan process. The Sr. Financial Analyst must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, and deadline driven. The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task. As Globus continues to grow, there will be new opportunities within the FP&A team for the Analyst to advance their career.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for all aspects of monthly forecasting, including:
- Developing a monthly forecast process in OneStream and distribute a monthly forecast by division and consolidated for review
- Developing a forecast to actual analysis for key cost centers and distribute to cost center management
- Holding monthly or quarterly meetings with cost center management, where appropriate, to identify fluctuations to trend or forecast expectations
- Providing actionable insight to management on areas of opportunity/risk
- Providing Primary support for annual Business Plan process, including:
- Developing, distributing, tracking and consolidating cost center management input
- Building out Top-Down budget file by division
- Reconciling Top-Down budget to cost center management input
- Redistributing final cost center budgets
- Tracking budget to actual, forecast to actual, and budget to forecast, as appropriate, and meet with cost center managers to review results on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Analyzing other significant P&L expense, balance sheet positions, and cash flow trends, including, but not limited to, headcount (compensation), R&D project expense, reserves, and accruals, as well as provide budget, forecast, and actual variance commentary for these items
- Developing a 12-month rolling forecast process in a go-forward state
- Collaborating with Globus Medical’s corporate accounting, costing, and finance groups to compile and analyze financial information and assist in effectively communicating results to management
- Assisting in preparation of monthly executive management and quarterly Board of Director presentation decks for both actual and forecast results
- Challenging business assumptions, develop alternative scenarios and assist in educating business partners on findings
- Assisting with efforts to increase efficiencies and automation, particularly in building out and maintaining our budget and forecast module and creating and maintaining dashboards and other analyses within OneStream XF platform
- Assisting in driving operational improvements and support high visibility projects as needed
- Proactively challenging the status quo and investigate issues independently and as a team
- Performing all tasks with an emphasis on developing automation and efficiency
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Mathematics
- 3-5 years of finance experience with strong data analysis skills necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities detailed above
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and basic understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel skills and strong presentation skills. An Excel proficiency test will be administered as part of the interview process
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines, work well under pressure and provide timely results
- Have a collaborative style and be able to work effectively across functional groups
- The ability to work independently and effectively interface with various levels of management is required
- Working knowledge of OneStream XF Platform, a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.