Director of Accounting
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Director of Accounting will be a key addition to the Finance team. This is a newly created position with the goal of centralizing all accounting functions for the Company’s OUS legal entities. The ideal candidate will have very strong technical accounting skills along with a demonstrated ability applying those skills in an operational accounting role. The Director will supervise two to three senior accountants.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting due diligence and/or integration activities and determining opening balance sheet items and adjustments for future acquisitions as necessary
- Gaining a complete understanding of all accounting processes and procedures performed by accounting staff located both at WorldWide HQ, as well as outside the US
- Migrating all accounting for the Company’s Japan and Brazil subsidiaries onto the Corporate GL system (currently Sage)
- Overseeing all aspects of coordinating accounting between the Company’s US and OUS legal entities including, but not limited to, Europe, Japan, Brazil, Australia and other emerging markets
- Performing month end close activities including posting journal entries and performing account reconciliations in accordance with SOX policies and procedures
- Accounting areas of responsibility include, but not limited to, revenue recognition, intercompany debt, transfer pricing across multiple legal entities, recording operating expenses including salary, bonus and commissions, fixed assets and allocations
- Partnering closely with accounting and tax staff, as well as external service providers, to ensure all local statutory filing requirements are coordinated and fulfilled
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience, which includes a mix of public accounting and industry experience
- Industry experience in life sciences and/or manufacturing strongly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience selecting and implementing accounting and ERP software preferred
- Experience with accounting for and integrating acquired businesses preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.