3D Artist, Animator
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The 3D Artist / Animator will be a creative, highly motivated individual who excels in a fast-paced environment. In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have both creative and organizational competencies, as well as forward thinking and multi-tasking skills to execute multiple projects on deadline and within Globus branding guidelines.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing project timelines, client interactions, and project development of marketing collateral in regards to 3D images and animations
- Utilizing .obj, .asm, and .prt files from Product Engineers from PTC CREO Parametric and imported into Maya with Polytrans to create 3D images for use in surgical technical guides
- Effectively creating photorealistic 3D animations and still images/renderings of surgical techniques that include surgical instruments, human anatomy, and organic materials at a microscopic level in the human body
- Utilizing After Effects and other secondary motion graphics software to create presentations that explain the use and efficacy of Globus’ products
- Partnering with internal clients and the Creative Services team to create promotional videos with 2D and 3D graphics that support the Globus corporate brand
- Managing multiple projects under tight timelines
- Participating in group meetings and facilitates business-related presentations
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years corporate/professional experience in a related field; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Design or Visual Arts field
- Online portfolio demonstrating clear examples of relevant skills and capabilities
- Expert-level Autodesk Maya, Adobe After Effects, and Octane Render skills
- Proficient in Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop, AWS Deadline, Realflow, Substance Painter, and Substance Designer
- Knowledge of Unity, WebGL, Polytrans, AR, VR, and XR is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of translating and converting 3D file types
- Understanding of 3D modelling/rigging
- Able to handle/direct photo retouching and color correcting of images and illustrations
- Knowledge of 3D lighting and hard surface model texturing, as well as rendering principles, practices, and trends
- Experience with render farms and comfort in replacing and building PC components
- Strong understanding of branding guidelines and ability to follow technical specifications
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly in oral and written forms
- Basic understanding of human anatomy and surgical procedures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.