Marketing Program & KOL Manager
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Marketing Program & KOL (Key Opinion Leaders) Manager is responsible for strategic plan development and tactical execution of medical education programs for the Imaging, Navigation, Robotics (INR) group. This position will strategize, implement, and analyze educational and marketing programs while developing and managing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders to help educate and promote on INR technology brands. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for relationship building, program development and continued education.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing the execution and success of INR marketing programs and KOL activities; working in collaboration with varied team members within the MERC education group, Regulatory Affairs, Professional Affairs, meeting planning, travel, logistics and other internal and external support groups
- Developing and driving strategic planning process to support INR business needs, incorporating event/program strategy, marketing/communications strategy and resource management
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)
- Frequently and consistently communicating with various stakeholders, including KOL consultants, field sales and sales management and internal customers and team members
- Acting as a point of contact for KOLs; is available to meet consultant KOL scheduling needs
- Developing program outlines (including but not limited to – program titles, program descriptions, program marketing and communications strategy); provides recommendations for KOL faculty appointments for medical education programs, development projects and marketing initiatives
- Maintaining databases for KOL activities and budget assessment; Manages updates to CRM
- Measuring program effectiveness and overall quality, including monthly metrics reporting, the development of recommendations for improvement, program innovation and competitive analysis and comparison
- Planning and developing the Annual Needs Assessment for INR activities and programs
- Working closely with colleagues in Professional Affairs and assumes responsibility to assure that KOL contractual relationships are requested, approved and executed fully prior to, and well in advance of the execution of all medical educational programs for assigned business segment(s)
- Collaborating with Regulatory Affairs and the Office of Ethics and Compliance; is responsible for the review and approval of all promotional and presentation materials prior to use/distribution
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of three years of experience in medical device or related field in Marketing in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: Neurosurgery and/or Orthopedic Surgery
- Strong interpersonal relationship development skills; ability to develop trusting relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent listening and communication capabilities, both written and verbal
- Developed strategic thinker with the ability to coordinate diverse ideas and to formulate global, annualized strategic plans
- Extremely high attention to detail, measurement and reporting
- Innovative. Ability to recommend and implement new concepts and ideas
- Proactive problem-solver, capable of critical situation analysis
- Professional presence with excellent presentation skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to learn new systems
- Physically able to lift 40 pounds and to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be comfortable, and is required to participate in clinical /surgical settings, including cadaveric training labs
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. The employee is also occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.