Graphic Case Designer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Graphic Case Designer is responsible for design, development and documentation including detailed drawings for medical implant and instrument cases (graphic cases) according to specifications provided by Product Development. The graphic cases organize and protect implants and instruments during storage, sterilization and surgery. This includes bringing a product from idea/concept through design, prototyping, development testing, design verification and validation, manufacturing, etc.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing and developing medical implant and instrument cases (graphic cases) using Pro/E and CAD software
- Partnering with in-house prototype shop and outside vendors to ensure manufacturability; interact with engineering, manufacturing and quality personnel to complete required tasks
- Creating and maintaining project plans and FDA complaint Design history Files (DHF) for each case
- Ensuring timely completion of project tasks while remaining in full compliance with Globus quality system and other applicable regulatory bodies
- Assisting in product introductions through sales training, customer calls/visits, etc.
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- 2+ years’ experience with Pro/E software or solid modeling for design and drafting
- 2+ years’ experience in engineering, design, or manufacturing, preferably in the medical device field
- Knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing is a plus
- Demonstrated creative and technical expertise in the design, development, and manufacturing of medical devices from start to finish
- Strong hands-on product development experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.