At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for mechanical support in our in-house prototype machine shop. This individual will also be responsible for maintenance of the machines including coolant, calibration, regularly scheduled maintenance, and routine servicing. The Mechanical Technician is responsible for maintaining a clean working environment throughout the prototype shop.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing problem solving tasks in machine shop per supervisor’s requests
- Completing routine maintenance and servicing of machines to ensure smooth, trouble free operation
- Maintaining clean work environment by regular cleaning and upkeep
- Ensuring that shop runs consistently with in-house quality system
- Willing to use personal vehicle for occasional deliveries and pick-ups
- Ensuring that all machines and measurement equipment are calibrated regularly as needed and in compliance with Globus’ quality system
- Driving to and from various Globus locations for deliveries and pick-ups
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma required
- Experience in a machine shop environment
- Experience in a mechanical trade / strong mechanical aptitude a plus
- Experience in electrical diagnostics a plus
- Strong self-starter who can work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work in fast paced environment. Multi-tasking abilities required for successful job completion
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office a plus
- Requires physical ability to work with shop machinery
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.