EDM Wire Operator
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The EDM Wire Operator will wire machines to produce parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawing ISO-13485 registered, medical device manufacturer.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Setting up tools, loading/unloading parts from machine; measuring and inspecting; learning to make dimensional adjustments (offsets). Resolving and communicating problems/issues to attention of the Supervisor
- Accurately completing all quality control documentation and inspection sheets
- Following verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks
- Working efficiently to achieve targeted goals
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read part drawings
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capable
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Good communication skills
- Willing to grow with our company
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.