At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Calibration Technician will perform part inspection functions using inspection equipment and gages for part dimensions. This position will also maintain our calibration system and ensure it is in complete compliance. The Calibration Technician must be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Following all inspection standard operating procedures outlined in Globus Medical’s quality policy
- Inspecting incoming finished parts for adherence to the drawing per the part’s Inspection Sheet. This inspection includes some of the following:
- Dimensional features per drawing’s dimensions and tolerances using inspection equipment and gauges as outlined per inspection sheet
- Verifying visual features of finish and etching
- Ensuring gages out-of-calibration are identified and properly calibrated
- Maintaining calibration gages
- Maintaining accurate calibration documentation per departmental procedures
- Interfacing with engineering staff as needed
- Comprehending product drawings and interpreting dimensional and functional specifications
- Conducting all activities in a safe and efficient manner, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- Assisting in other areas of the Receiving Department as needed
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ Calibration experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.