Hardware Electrical Engineer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Hardware Electrical Engineer will be part of a team responsible for designing, implementing, and sustaining electrical designs for Medical Devices. The ideal candidate needs to have strong technical skills in electrical engineering. The position will be hands-on and the individual must be capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision. The position will require the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing, developing, and testing electrical circuits based on system requirement documents
- Developing schematics and layouts for PCB design
- Designing electronics containing digital, microcontroller, and analog circuitry
- Developing test fixtures and procedures
- Maintaining compliance with standards typical of the medical industry (eg. IEC60601-1)
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of electrical engineer experience and or a Master’s degree with 3+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Experience developing hardware and system level requirements
- Experience with schematic capture (Altium a plus), layout, prototyping, testing, and debugging
- Proficient with electrical test equipment; oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with design for testing, analyzing information, and reporting results
- Familiarity with analog design including power architecture, motors, signal processing, a/d, d/a, and sensors
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The following skill sets are preferred:
- Experience in design of battery chargers, particularly Lithium Ion
- Experience with circuit modelling software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.