Associate Program Manager
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Associate Program Manager will be responsible for the strategic plan development and tactical execution of peer-to-peer medical education programs, in addition to the coordination and collaboration with various stakeholders, including Zone Directors, Regional Sales Managers, internal/external customers and hospital personnel. Responsibilities will also include providing customer service to a wide range of external customers including consultants and surgeon clients. In addition, the Associate Program Manager will manage all logistical details related to the execution of each program.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing strategic planning and implementation of all peer-to-peer medical educational activities, including scheduling, development, execution, management and measurement for each ExcelsiusGPS® Premier Center (EPC) site and peer-to-peer virtual learning program
- Successfully executing medical education activities and programs; working in collaboration with varied team members within the INR, MERC education group, Professional Affairs, meeting planning, travel, logistics and other internal and external support groups
- Developing and driving strategic planning process to support the business segment(s) needs, incorporating educational strategy, business strategy and resource management
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)
- Communicating with various stakeholders, including KOL consultants, field sales and sales management and internal customers and team members
- Acting as a primary point of contact for external vendors and hospital facilities
- Managing of all required documentation and records for each EPC site and virtual program
- Acting as a primary point of contact for KOL host surgeons; is available to meet consultant KOL scheduling needs
- Incorporating and collaborating with key stakeholders, including executive management, product development, marketing, finance and related functional team members within assigned business segment(s)
- Managing and reconciling program budgets
- Measuring program and event effectiveness and overall quality, including monthly metrics reporting, the development of recommendations for improvement, program innovation and competitive analysis and comparison
- Working closely with colleagues in Professional Affairs and assumes responsibility to assure that KOL contractual relationships are requested, approved and executed fully prior to, and well in advance of the execution of all medical educational programs for assigned business segment(s)
- Collaborating with Regulatory Affairs and Compliance; is responsible for the review and approval of all educational resources
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- BA/BS degree / related work experience; 3+ years’ experience working directly with medical professionals in marketing, program/event management or corporate development roles
- Strong interpersonal relationship development skills; Ability to develop trusting relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent listening and communication capabilities, both written and verbal
- Developed strategic thinker with the ability to coordinate diverse ideas and to formulate global, annualized strategic plans
- Extremely high attention to detail, measurement and reporting
- Innovative; Ability to recommend and implement new concepts and ideas
- Working knowledge of finance and budgeting
- Independent and highly self-motivated; Assumes responsibility for actions
- Well organized, proactive problem-solver, capable of critical situation analysis
- Working knowledge of the healthcare environment and experience working with healthcare professionals, preferably physicians
- Working knowledge and understanding of Advamed, Eucomend and healthcare compliance guidelines
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to learn new systems
- Must be comfortable, and is required to participate in clinical /surgical settings, including cadaveric training labs
- May require travel to EPC sites for case observation and host site maintenance
- Travel to various locations both domestic and international
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.