Group Engineering Manager, Imaging
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Group Engineering Manager will be responsible for planning, managing and implementing all aspects of the site’s Imaging manufacturing activities. This position will support both existing and new product introductions to manufacturing. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing technical staff supporting Imaging product manufacturing
- Providing support to manufacturing relative to technical issues, process control, process improvements, inventory issues, and training
- Managing production release of new products/features to manufacturing to include DFM guidance, development of processes, structuring of bills of materials, establishing manufacturing lines and performing required process and equipment qualifications
- Working with engineering to support sustaining activities, complaints and CAPA’s
- Developing and maintaining fixtures for use in manufacturing
- Partnering with key suppliers to improve quality, reduce cost, and resolve technical issues
- Reporting on status of activities for your staff and projects
- Reviewing and approving Engineering Change Orders affecting production and service products
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-10 years of related business experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in new product introduction, design control process and lifecycle management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid experience in a highly technical and regulated industry
- Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time
- Familiar with the FDA 21 CFR, CGMP for Medical devices
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high degree of organizational, technical, and business competence
- Ability to function well under pressure and expend effort to meet schedules and deadlines
- Experience with large capital medical equipment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.