Donor Services Coordinator II
Bone Bank Allografts (BBA), part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, was founded in response to a growing need for allograft tissue that has led to more than 1,000,000 successful transplantations around the world.
Providing a wide range of surgical allograft options from traditional bone and soft tissues to specialty custom products for transplant – we aim to serve the medical community through continual excellence and innovation in tissue processing and distribution. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Donor Services Coordinator II is responsible for facilitating and evaluating incoming donor records for accuracy, completeness, and compliance. In addition, they will be responsible for communicating with CRA agencies and screening donors for acceptance.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining and managing the flow of incoming donor tissue and specimens
- Creating, maintaining and filing Donor Records
- Ensuring all aspects of donor records are entered into the database and are accurate and complete
- Performing a Quality review of the donor record for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established BBA Standards/procedures, AATB and FDA standards/regulatory guidance and forward to the Medical Director for the final determination of the disposition status
- Assisting with Donor shipment to designated processor
- Reconciling invoices as required
- Assisting with maintaining the Donor Receiving Log, Culture/Serology samples and Discard Log
- Assisting with ensuring that all departmental Standard Operating Procedures and associated documents are current, accurate and in compliance with AATB Standards and FDA Regulations for 1270 and 1271
- Maintaining current knowledge of AATB standards and FDA Regulations for 1270 and 1271
- Participating in the On-Call Donor Screening Schedule after hours, weekends and holidays
- Assisting supervisor in day-to-day operations as needed
- Disposing of biohazardous waste once a month coordinating with Med Sharps
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree in medical discipline or its equivalent with 2+ years of experience in the medical field or related area preferred
- One year minimum prior tissue bank experience in donor screening and/or recovery; EMS, LPN, LVN, Medical Unit clerk or CTBS Certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, guidelines and regulations; read and understand the content of the medical record and the significance of disease processes and physiology of the patient. Identify those areas of documentation needing further clarification, to improve process flow; document trends by recovery agency, and ancillary services for future in-service sessions, to ensure proper revision of problematic processes, forms, etc.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills with Microsoft office Word and Excel
- Demonstrates organizational skills with the ability to multitask and attention to detail
- Strong team player, with the ability to function well in a challenging, fast paced environment
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Cell phone usage as needed to make calls
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.