Associate Tax Accountant
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Associate Tax Accountant will be a key player in our day to day tax function. The Accountant will work directly with the Senior Tax Accountant to prepare tax provisions, ensure timely and accurate filing of tax returns, and to improve existing processes. This position will work, at times, directly with the Director of Tax on various analysis, special projections, and ongoing company initiatives. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-orientated, organized and deadline driven.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing quarterly tax provisions and supporting workpapers
- Preparing and supporting monthly/quarterly indirect tax computations and filings
- Calculating and maintaining monthly tax depreciation workpapers
- Preparing Federal, State and Local income tax returns
- Responding to tax notices as they arise
- Assisting with audits as they arise
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; Reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Assisting with special projects as requested
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1-2 years of tax accounting and/or general accounting experience
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of OTP and OIT a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment. Multi-tasking abilities required for successful job completion
- CPA or Masters in Tax a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.