At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Manufacturing Engineer will help produce medical device solutions by teaming with top suregons from around the world and working with our cross-functional engineering team. The purpose of our technologies is to improve the lives of patients and the medical staff that utilize them. As part of the Navigation and Robotics Manufacturing team, you’ll need to have strong technical skills, be hands-on and creative with minimum supervision. The job requires you to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging, fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partnering with Product Development teams to achieve a smooth new product introduction (NPI)
- Working with a cross-functional sustaining team to address life cycle issues, continuous improvement, reliability, and cost reductions for existing products
- Providing technical support to the Manufacturing effort to identify root cause and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Interfacing with Quality Assurance/Quality Control to assure products and processes comply with all required regulations
- Developing and maintaining procedures and equipment used for manufacturing medical robotic and navigation products
- Developing and releasing test fixtures/assembly aides for use in manufacturing
- Generating change orders to update documentation and BOMs for released product
- Demonstrating effective writing skills for drafting SOP’s, Oper. & Maint. Procedures, protocols, reports, process validations and other manufacturing related documentation
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Associate’s Degree with 1 year of engineering experience (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Teams
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of engineering experience (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Experience in Medical Device field
- Experience in Robotics
- Experience in Optics
- Experience in evaluating precise 3D spatial problems
- Experience with data analysis and KPIs
- Familiarity with ISO requirements, FDA Regulations, and cGMP’s
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.