At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for assisting with payroll processing and related customer service support to all employees. In addition, the Payroll Specialist will collaborate with department managers, timekeepers and Human Resources staff to ensure that all employees are paid correctly. Other tasks are likely to include tracking commissions, computing and posting wages, deductions, and or preparing paychecks.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processing paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system
- Compiling employee time and payroll data from time sheets and other records, such as garnishments, vacation time, and insurance and 401(k) deductions
- Computing wages and deductions, and enter data into payroll system
- Polling electronic time clocks (E-time software) and reviewing the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy
- Reviewing time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies
- Verifying attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Recording employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records
- Assist in tracking of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees
- Distributing pay checks each pay period
- Providing information to employees and managers on payroll matters or tax issues
- Conducting employment verifications
- Completing, verifying, and processing forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as disability, 401(k) plan, and unemployment
- Coordinating special programs that involve payroll deductions
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum 2 years of payroll processing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in combination of education and experience
- High attention to detail and ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Proficient knowledge of business systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills – positive attitude and customer focused
- Team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous Human Resources experience a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.