Machine Learning Engineer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Core Machine Learning Engineer will play a key part on our expanding surgical navigation team. The Machine Learning Team is responsible for tracking robot end effectors and other surgical apparatus and behaviors in the operating room as well as developing novel sensors and displays. The ideal candidate should demonstrate hands-on skills fielding practical machine learning solutions and have at least some experience solving computer vision challenges. This is a highly creative team working on novel products, so intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn are a must.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to production-quality solutions
- Working with a cross-functional hardware and software team to understand development goals
- Ability to work on sizeable individual efforts as well as on teams
- Ensuring efficient performance and scalability of solutions
- Investigating and understanding the data driving product challenges and solutions
- Engaging in entire product life cycle from initial requirements to sustaining efforts
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- One of PyTorch (preferred), Keras or TensorFlow
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying functional solutions
- 3 or more years Computer Vision experience
- Familiarity with Convolutional and Recurrent Neural Networks
- 3 or more years of Python and/or Matlab programming experience
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
The following skill sets are preferred:
- 5 or more years of Python and/or Matlab programming experience
- 5 or more years Computer Vision / Image Processing experience
- Machine vision hardware including lens calibration and stereo alignment
- Sensors and sensor fusion
- Linear Algebra
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.