Associate Program Manager
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Associate Program Manager is an ideal position for someone who thrives in a highly matrixed, fast paced environment. The Associate Program Manager is responsible for the strategic planning, development and execution of medical education programs for assigned business segment(s). Responsible for developing program materials, with both internal personnel and key opinion leaders (KOL) for assigned programs, interacts with accounting, medical affairs, logistics and other internal departments. The Associate Program Manager receives assignments and direction from the Group Manager of Medical Education.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leading, managing and supporting the design and development of all medical education programs across different divisions. (Spine, Orthopadeic, Trauma, Imaging and navigation, robotics)
- Helping to develop tools and resources needed to implement best practices for medical education programs
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)
Overseeing the execution and success of assigned medical education activates and programs; Collaborating with varied team members and departments
- Measuring the program and event effectiveness as well as overall quality, including survey reports, the development for improvement, program innovation and competitive analysis and comparison
- Acting as a primary point of contact for KOL program faculty members; is available to meet consultant scheduling needs
- Collaborating with Regulatory Affairs and Compliance; Reviewing and approving all promotional and presentation materials prior to use/distribution
- Budgeting projection/cost control knowledge, management and reconciliation of program budgets
- Partnering with Professional Affairs to ensure that all appropriate consultant documentation is completed prior to execution of all medical educational programs
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years’ experience working directly with medical professionals in marketing, program/event management or corporate development roles. Experience in implantable medical device and or a capital equipment field is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal relationship development skills; Ability to develop trusting relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to coordinate diverse ideas and to formulate strategic plans
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Innovative. Ability to recommend and implement new concepts and ideas
- Proactive problem-solver, capable of critical situation analysis
- Professional presence with excellent presentation skills
- Working knowledge of the healthcare environment and experience working with healthcare professionals, preferably physicians.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with ability to learn new systems.
- Must be comfortable, and is required to participate in clinical /surgical settings, including cadaveric training labs
- Frequent travel, up to 30% including Friday & Saturday programs (approximately 15 -17 programs per year)
- Travel to various locations both domestic and international
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. The employee will be asked to occasionally lift must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis