At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Sr. Accountant will be a key player in our monthly financial close and analysis process across multiple divisions. The Sr. Accountant will work with the Director of Accounting to ensure the financial close process of operations is completed timely and all related reports, analysis and reconciliations are also timely prepared and approved. Additionally, this individual will assist with other duties and projects such as process enhancements, internal controls monitoring, SOX documentation, competitor benchmarking, accounting literature research, and acquisitions, and other duties or projects as required.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Executing on critical areas of the monthly financial close process, including monthly analysis, reporting and communications
- Preparing, reviewing, and posting general ledger entries where necessary for above functions
- Preparing and or approving monthly account reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts as required
- Assisting the Director of Accounting in performing required treasury and revenue procedures, testing, maintenance and monitoring of compliance
- Responding to all accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Assisting with the successful completion of the quarterly reviews and annual external audits
- Partnering with other finance and non-finance areas of the business in research and analysis
- Assisting with external auditor requests and SOX compliance
- Providing direct assistance with special finance projects and analysis while continuing to create efficiencies
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar area of study
- 5+ years of accounting experience; CPA or in certification process a plus
- Proficient knowledge of business systems and Microsoft Office applications with strong functional knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills; positive attitude and customer focused
- Team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment.
- High accuracy with strong attention to detail
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.