Associate Program Coordinator, Surgeon Education and Training
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
As a part of MERC – the medical education division of Globus Medical - the Associate Program Coordinator works with the Program Manager on the set-up and execution of each surgeon educational program. The coordinator’s role is to manage the logistics and coordination and provide customer service to a wide range of external customers. The job requirements include, being extremely organized and detail oriented as well as being a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be enthusiastic, positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility and maturity.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning, organizing and coordinating surgeon educational programs
- Performing venue searches for meeting space and/or sleeping rooms, submitted and evaluate RFP’s, negotiate contracts
- Coordinating all of Globus’ equipment being sent to any off-site locations assuring that the display/activities of the meeting can be met
- Communicating all meeting details to the attendees
- Maintaining all meeting information (meeting details, attendee tracking, badges, hotels, equipment required, speaker arrangements)
- Communicating with the hotel for all logistics planning, including setting-up master billing and billing instructions, rooming list, food and beverage requirements, recreational activities, etc.
- Budgeting for meetings, including preparing budget cost specifications to include hotel, printing, special events as well as any additional components for all anticipated functions
- Arranging audio/visual/internet equipment
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- BA/BS degree / Related work experience. Experience working directly with medical professionals in marketing, program/event management or corporate development roles. Experience within the medical device field is a plus.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn scientific and technical knowledge
- Working knowledge of Windows & Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making and customer service skills
- Physically able to lift 40 pounds and to stand for extended periods of time
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to learn new systems
- Willing to work in cadaveric setting
- Meeting planning and event coordination experience is desired
- Frequent travel, up to 30% including Friday & Saturday programs (approximately 15 -17 programs per year)
- Travel to various locations both domestic and international
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. The employee will be asked to occasionally lift must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.