Shipping & Receiving Clerk
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk's main responsibilities include performing inspections, checking, and sampling procedures of incoming material, part and components used in the manufacture of medical devices. In addition, the individual will maintain device history records for release of finished goods.
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receiving, checking identifying, dispatching and distributing to the appropriate department materials, supplies, returns and sub-contacted components
- Examining items for defects in material, workmanship and damage occurring in transit
- Comparing quantity and part number of items received with Purchase Order
- Ensuring all necessary documentation packing slip, certificate of conformance and inspection sheets complies with the Purchase Order
- Generating PO and shipping parts to subcontractors for outside processing
- Accurately completing all quality control documentation and inspection sheets using precision measuring instruments and devices
- Utilizing our ERP System-AX Microsoft Dynamics
- Operating the dock plate
- Organizing and maintaining storage areas
- Generating paperwork as per unique requirements for final product and ship to customer
- Packaging, labeling and shipping of product to customer
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School diploma or its equivalent with at least one year of experience in a shipping and receiving position
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and a team player capable of working in a deadline driven environment
- Flexible, reliable team player with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong knowledge and experience with MS Excel and MS Office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.