Additive Manufacturing Manager
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Additive Manufacturing Group Manager will lead the company’s Additive Manufacturing continued development and production. The AM Group Manager will support all aspects of additive manufacturing across all departments, including AM design, design controls, CAD data management, pre-print processing, print parameters, feedstock specification and characterization, feedstock reuse strategies, mechanical properties testing and characterization, change controls and risk analysis, validation activities, QC strategies, regulatory strategies, standards development, and evaluation of emerging technologies and applications.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing Branch Medical Group AM Department to include both engineering and production personnel
- Training personnel in best practices in the handling and post processing of am components as needed
- Understanding and working to successfully meet production schedules and deadlines for new and existing products
- Collaborating across all departments to achieve business objectives by providing centralized communications relating to additive manufacturing
- Developing processes and procedures for additive manufacturing to reduce cost and improve performance
- Providing support for production issues and failure analysis of additively manufactured medical devices
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor degree in materials engineering, metallurgy or similar engineering field
- Extensive experience within alloy additive manufacturing
- Highly self-motivated and able to drive projects to successful completion on schedule
- Excellent communication skills and ability to succinctly present technical information to all levels within the organization
The following skill sets are preferred:
- 5+ years of experience related to additively manufactured medical devices OR a MS or PhD in materials science, materials engineering, or a similar field
- Strong understanding of processing/structure/properties relationships in metallic materials
- Understanding of physical metallurgy of titanium alloys and stainless steel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. The employee will be asked to occasionally lift must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.