At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the administration of all group benefit programs for all Globus employees. This role will serve as a contact for employee questions and research of claims in compliance with laws and regulations and confidentiality requirements.
The Benefits Specialist will ensure proper and timely delivery of benefits and issue resolution for participants. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administering employee benefit programs including enrollments, membership changes and terminations in accordance with company, provider, state and federal requirements
- Assisting with annual renewal of employee benefit programs and administer the annual open enrollment process
- Providing benefit orientations, presentations and plan change communications
- Working collaboratively with the Payroll Manager to ensure employee benefit contributions and adjustments are processed accurately and timely
- Assisting with onboarding activities including benefits enrollment, orientations and credentialing
- Coordinating leave of absence and return to work with employees, managers and insurance vendors
- Administering Short-term/Long-term disability and Family and Medical Leave claim processing and tracking
- Managing all workers compensation claims by handling initial assessment, gathering documentation, reporting information to insurance carrier and counseling employees on treatment protocol / options
- Coordinating monthly Occupational Health visits as well as annual on-site clinics for services
- Processing invoices for all benefits plans, ensuring accuracy of billing information and timeliness of payments
- Ensuring HIPPA compliance
- Providing employees with Vendor Credentialing requirements
- Maintaining the company’s OSHA 300A & Sharps Log
- Processing annual 1095 requirements
- Partnering with COBRA, FSA and HSA vendors
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Three to five years of benefits administration experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel (HR software experience is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125 and workers’ compensation
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Maintain confidentiality and a high level of ethics in all matters and interactions
- Must be a team player
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.