At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Mechanical Engineer will get the unique opportunity to join a new product development team within Globus focused on bringing electro-mechanical, battery powered surgical instruments to the market. This position is an opportunity to join a newly formed group at the ground level. The ME will be instrumental in helping guide key development decisions from concept through market launch and beyond. The ideal candidate needs to have strong technical skills in mechanical engineering with relevant experience in design of electro-mechanical systems. The position will be a hands-on one with the individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles to design, develop, and test all aspects of electro-mechanical surgical instruments
- Supporting the creation of product requirements, specifications, and test documents
- Supporting the development of manufacturing test fixtures and documentation
- Partnering with manufacturing, internal testing, and external customers when presented with quality issues. Prioritizes work to identify the root cause and create a corrective plan that ensures timely resolution of issues
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 4+ years of experience or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2+ years of experience
- Experience designing mechanical components and mechanisms - power trains, gears, linkages, and cam mechanisms preferred
- Experience with 3D modeling CAD software, PTC Creo preferred
- Strong aptitude for mechanical systems, materials, and manufacturing methods
- Experience with gear trains, advanced mechanisms and linkages
- Experience with DC brushless motor selection / optimization based on functional requirements
- Familiarity with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience in Medical Device product development a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.