At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Planner ties together all demand streams and all supply streams into one synchronized plan. The Planner is responsible to align the Sales and Product Development teams to an achievable demand plan based on projected incoming supply and on hand inventory, ensuring that all teams are informed as there are variances to the plan so that each can react and adjust accordingly.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creating supply plans for each vendor
- Developing commit files for in-house and external manufacturers to fill the business inventory needs/requirements
- Providing attainable monthly supply plans in coordination with the purchasing team for their vendors
- Integrating into the projected Supply Plan each vendor’s Key Performance Indicator metrics
- Generating long term plans for vendors based on current capacity and future needs
- Creating demand plans for each project owned
- Running demand reviews monthly with the Product Managers
- Reviewing all projects sets, sales and forecasts to ensure accurate demand is signaled US and OUS
- Building attainable demand plans in coordination with the current and future business needs as well as supplier capabilities
- Integrating New Product Introductions, New Territories, and Market Introductions into Plans
- Capturing demand by working in unison with NPI Team
- Purposely building up inventory so that the FAM team can predict when BOs will be closed, Sets can be filled, and Sales can accelerate certain projects
- Monitoring Variance to plan and communicating to appropriate parties
- Adjust forecasts-based input from product managers for the business future needs
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained in each inventory location
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or similar field preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in supply / demand planning related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite- Strong in Excel and other analytic reporting tools
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills with the ability to formulate conclusion through reporting
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with good interpersonal communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.