Production Technician, Additive Manufacturing
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Production Technician will be a key asset to the Additive Manufacturing team. The primary responsibilities will include the set-up of all CNC and EDM machines, training of operators, and performing periodic maintenance to all equipment as needed.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pre and Post operations of the 3D manufacturing Process:
- Setting up CNC Machines, including CNC Mills and Wire EDMS
- Training machine operators
- Maintaining a functioning work flow
- Assisting Machine Operators with any issues incurred during the machining process
- Operating and maintaining the vacuum furnace
- Operating and maintaining the vapor degreaser
- Assisting and supporting the 3D machine operators manufacturing and production
- Accurately completing all quality control documentation and inspection sheets
- Following all verbal and/or written instructions, such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Ability to read part drawings
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail
- Knowledge of computers required (Microsoft Office, Windows, Email)
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value
- Flexible, reliable, with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include 20/20 vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.