UI Software Engineer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Software Engineer will be a part of our rapidly growing Software Applications team. These Software Applications run on our trail-blazing Imaging, Navigation, and Robotics platforms. We develop surgical solutions by working with top surgeons and a cross-functional engineering team. The Software Engineer will be responsible for general software development for a given product. The position will be a hands-on one with the individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to production-quality solutions
- Ensures efficient performance and scalability of solutions
- Demonstrates a passion for software development, software craftsmanship, and test-driven development
- Contributes to design, testing and documentation
- Supports the development of manufacturing test fixtures and documentation
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Able to work on sizeable individual efforts as well as on teams using agile methodologies
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of professional programming experience required OR a Master’s degree with 1-3 years of experience - Medical Device field experience a plus
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience developing software tools, utilities, and libraries/components
- Experience in development with Qt a plus
- For UI SW Engineer, add: Experience in UI development with Qt/QML a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and E-mail
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.