Sr. Product Manager, Joints
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the product development team with a wide range of marketing activities. This position will also be the primary liaison between each product development group and sales personnel. The person needs to have strong self-starting qualities to independently manage coordination of multiple projects to ensure timely completion of product development and marketing tasks. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creating and managing project plans for each project in conjunction with the engineer
- Leading coordination and documentation of project team activities including kick-off meetings, design review meetings, verification/validation activities, cadaver labs for multiple projects within group
- Developing market plan for each product introduction
- Performing and maintaining market analysis by each product segment to identify new product offerings and line extensions to ensure Globus has the best product offering in industry
- Forecasting and inventory management for all projects / products in group
- Working closely with purchasing and operations departments to source products through the Globus supply chain
- Developing technique guides, product literature, brochures, sales binders and all sales support information
- Assisting the Group Manager and Project Engineer to creating sales, surgeon, and management presentations in PowerPoint
- Ensuring timely and high-quality documentation of DHF’s, DMR’s, and DHR’s for each project in group according to Globus quality policy and all FDA and other regulatory bodies
- Working with Clinical R&D, and Sales & Marketing to identify clinical research topics for each product
- Planning, organizing and executing courses and symposia for specific product introductions in conjunction with sales and clinical R&D
- Obtaining market feedback from spine surgeons and other customers to determine functional and design specifications for new product development
- Assisting with order taking and customer service activities
- Assisting with receiving, inspection, and testing of all vended product
- Participating in management meetings on strategic initiatives and business planning
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 5-7 years’ experience in medical device or a related Product Development and/or Marketing field
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably related to Business or Marketing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Strong ability to create and confidently deliver effective presentations to multiple size audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% of the time
- Ability to attend labs/surgeries
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. The employee must also be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.