Production Assistant - 1st Shift
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Production Assistant will be responsible for providing manufacturing process support for the Implant/Trauma Departments.
Hours: 6:30 AM - 3:00PM, Monday through Friday
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Anodizing, Electro-polishing, Ultrasonic Cleaning and Passivation of parts
- Racking and un-racking of the parts
- Drying off parts with compressed air
- Unpacking and packing of finished product
- Visually inspecting own work
- Verifying incoming/outgoing product counts
- Following verbal and written instructions such as blueprints, travelers, SOP's etc.
- Performing general and periodic maintenance of the above-mentioned processing lines
- General Housekeeping of shop area
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with plating or finishing processing is a plus
- Capable of working diligently around chemicals
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Ability to pass an eye exam including a color-blind test
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness and commitment to wear PPE regularly, including:
- Safety goggles while on the shop floor
- Chemical resistant gloves while changing chemicals
- Long sleeved chemical resistant gloves while changing chemicals
- Chemical resistant safety aprons while working on the shop floor
- Appropriately fitted respirator masks while changing chemicals
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.