Sr. Mechanical Engineer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
Our rapidly growing medical robotics division is searching for enthusiastic mechanical engineers wanting to make a difference. Our mechanical engineers develop surgical robotics, x-ray imaging, and navigation systems by working with top surgeons and a cross-functional engineering teams. This person needs to have strong technical skills in mechanical engineering. The position will be hands-on and the individual must be capable of creative and systematic product development with minimal supervision. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. This position will have access to our on-site machine shop, equipped with 5-axis CNC milling, 4-axis CNC turning, and MJF 3D printing to help realize designs.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles to design, develop, and test all aspects of surgical robotic products
- Assisting in the fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical components
- Supporting the creation of product requirements, specifications, and test documents
- Supporting the development of manufacturing test fixtures and documentation
- Supporting manufacturing, internal testing, and external customers when presented with quality issues. Prioritizes work to identify the root cause and create a corrective plan that ensures timely resolution of issues
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years of mechanical engineering experience required or Master’s degree with 3-5 years of experience
- Proficient SolidWorks user experienced in designing complex assemblies
- Experience with PDM
- Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience in Medical Device field a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and E-mail
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended durations. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.