Manufacturing Systems Engineer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
Our rapidly growing medical robotics division is searching for enthusiastic engineers wanting to make a difference. We develop medical robots by working with top surgeons and a cross-functional engineering team. The Mechanical Systems Engineer needs to have strong technical skills, be hands-on and creative with minimum supervision. The position requires the employee to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing, implementing and or maintaining systems used by manufacturing to build and record manufacturing activities (i.e. eDHR)
- Providing guidance and training on processes used by manufacturing
- Leading improvement projects that streamline manufacturing activities through use of software and process updates
- Performing sustaining activities on released product to address life cycle issues, continuous improvement, and reliability as it impacts systems used by manufacturing
- Working with Product Development on new product introduction (NPI) as part of a cross-functional team
- Generating change orders to update documentation and BOMs for released product
- Interfacing with Quality Assurance/Quality Control to assure products and processes comply with all required regulations
- Demonstrating effective writing skills for drafting SOP’s, operation & maintenance procedures, protocols, reports, process validations and other manufacturing related documentation
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of engineering experience
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
The following skill sets are preferred:
- Experience with MasterControl eDHR
- Experience in Medical Devices
- Familiarity with ISO requirements, FDA Regulations, and cGMP’s
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended durations. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.