Supply Planning Lead
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Supply Chain Planning Lead will oversee nearly $1B in worldwide Spine planning responsibility. The Planning Lead will direct a team to define an achievable, accurate plan that will support aggressive growth and supply reliability of +98% line fill rate.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Owning Supply Chain’s plan being realistic, reliable, predictable, and accurate
- Identifying and mitigating supply risks & issues, while driving for continuous improvement in all systems that affect the ability for the plan to be realistic, reliable, predictable, and accurate
- Acting as the focal point for forecast accuracy, forecast entry, customer order fill rate level, monthly set build plan and plan achievement, inventory management, and inventory allocation / prioritization schema
- Building attainable demand plans in coordination with the current and future business needs, as well as, align plan to be congruent with supplier capabilities and rough-cut capacity analysis. Driving and influencing such that supply is where the plan needs to be, and ensure any throttling of demand is mitigated.
- Analyzing market trends and conditions to anticipate price changes vendors, supply interruptions, as well as, ensuring supply stays ahead of demand trends at Project level
- Overseeing the transition of New Product Introduction into standard maintenance Planning/Purchasing routines
- Aligning New Territories, Market Introductions Plans, and new surgery set deployments in time such that they are able to be supplied. Closely working with the Field Asset Management and Product Development Teams to ensure alignment and communication of this plan to Sales and Finance
- Managing inventory level, flow, and location from the point inventory is received to the point of order shipment against customer requirement. Ensuring proper inventory analysis and inventory investment against requirements are done on a regular basis, making corrections and recommendations as needed
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management operations or data management
- Minimum of 2 years of supply chain management experience; preferably in a medical device or healthcare manufacturing environment
- Strong MRP/ERP experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills with the ability to formulate conclusion through reporting
- Ability to lead a team while working in a collaborative environment; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Able to handle multiple projects with varying deadlines and also an ability to adapt quickly to changing demands/needs
- Strong Excel experience and other analytic reporting tools; proficiency in Microsoft Office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.