Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Industrial Engineer’s primary focus is to monitor and affect human integration within the production process to decide where employees can be best utilized to perform assigned tasks. The main methods used will be observation and data collection taking into consideration any parameter which affects the production process. The collected data will be presented in any number of graphs, charts or reports to management which will include a cost benefit analysis along with value engineering, where applicable.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyzing Working Conditions, Plant Layout and Workplace Design
- Conducting time studies comparing work order estimates versus the actual time it takes for employees to setup, run, teardown etc., their respective operations through trend analysis
- Managing the additions and/or changes to new and/or current Bill of Material and Routes
- Analyzing production data to identify root causes for variances and suggest improvements to Operations Management
- Providing machine analysis support
- Identifying opportunity for process standardization throughout the manufacturing process
- Identifying and breaking down the who, what, when, where, why and how of the manufacturing method
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- CAD software experience
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work/partner with Cost Accounting and Plant Leadership team
- Excel experience with advanced formulas
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Well organized, detail oriented team player with proven ability to multitask effectively
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.